Join the ACLU – Kentucky and the #BlackLivesMatter #Louisville movement builders for the upcoming Black Lives Matter: Legal Meet & Greet. Please find the purpose and agenda below:
• For movement organizers to convene with attorneys and trained legal observers and jail support in order to make interested parties aware of the work going on in the Louisville area related to Black Lives Matter and police and criminal justice reform. Make connections and build coalitions and alliances.
• To recruit additional attorneys interested in working on Black Lives Matter issues, including pro bono representation of arrested protesters should civil disobedience actions occur, conducting legal and policy research, and pursuing special litigation projects that may arise.
• To continue to recruit to strengthen legal observer team and jail support.
• Identify individuals interested in taking leadership roles to continue to push the work forward.
• Elizabeth Jones- Welcome. Describe purpose of the event listed above. Explain the Black Movement-Law Project, introduce legal observers and jail support. Explain what legal observers and jail support are briefly.
• Bill Sharp- ACLU work
• Junis Baldon- policy research
• Enid Trucio-Haynes- debrief on the Black Lives Matter meeting
• Alicia Hurle & Enchanta Jackson (not sure if Enchanta is coming)- debrief from the KFTC annual meeting, do you want to discuss canvassing?
• Flaco Aleman- discuss the Black Lives Matter Louisville website
• Conclude planned presentations, open the floor.